Jobline LMU's resources provide you with a selection of materials to help you with your job application. These resources supplement the step-by-step information and training of the online modules.
In order to work with the resources, you need to register with the website. If you have not yet registered with the website, please click here to register. If you are already a registered user, log in on the left to proceed to the online modules and resources.
- Model job applications provides you with a selection of sample written applications for reference purposes.
- Telephoning resources includes model telephoning dialogues, telephoning expressions, help with spelling and saying numbers in English and a word list of telephoning vocabulary, all with audio.
- In country specifics you'll find basic information on the job application process for individual English-speaking countries and Asia together with important links and student reports by students who have successfully applied for jobs and worked in those countries.
- The interview questions resource bank provides a wide selection of typical interview questions and guidelines for answering them.
- UK/US usage summarises some of the main differences between UK and US English.
- The grammar overview is a summary of aspects of grammar that are particularly relevant for job applications.
- Jobline LMU's overview of academic degrees and grades will help you write or talk about your own degree in English.
- Describing language skills provides information on how to describe and rate your language proficiency.
- The abbreviations list contains some of the most common abbreviations you will come across or need to use when you apply for a job in English-speaking countries.
- The skills vocabulary list provides a selection of key words and expressions used to describe skills. This list will help you understand what recruiters are looking for and assist you in describing your own skills.
- The detailed word list provides you with definitions and explanations for a wide selection of job-related words and phrases.
- The link list contains a selection of useful links for your English job application.